Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wanted: Wanted

It's been a long time since there was a really good movie about justice. And let me tell you, it's rather fascinating when a good justice movie comes along. 
Some might argue the Punisher as a good justice movie, but I disagree. It's a good movie, but the violence never truly outweighs the justice element.
Another is Fight Club, but that's been so long ago that it's status has decreased a little bit. That's not to say this movie does not rock, because it does. But I don't know if you can really justify it as a justice themed movie. 
More recently there are the Jodie Foster movies - The Brave One and Flight plan. Both very good. But the Brave One is just way too dramatic. It's a fascinating movie, but I don't know if it's justice in question, or if it's just one womans revenge story. 
This brings me to the real reason - 
It's Wanted. 
If you want a movie that's true to form as far as a movie where justice is truly served, this one tops the list. It's entertaining, has action scenes that are sexy as all Kylie, and it truly rocks. I'm quite impressed with this movie if you can't tell. 
I can't recommend it enough. It's that good. 
But if you don't like action or violence I'd avoid it. My dad actually came into the tv room and asked me what the hell I was watching. It's a touch excessive, but if you can forgive it at times, you'll find something to dig. 
Although Kayla didn't like it. Maybe I'm breathing too much into this but I enjoyed it. 

No comments: