Sunday, April 12, 2009

Writing

When I don't write, I feel dead.
And then I get angry.
And then I get frustrated.
And then I get depressed.
And then everything else happens.

My mind blows apart at the seams at our culture. You think you know someone just because you talk to them online. You don't. How a person behaves in person is how you know someone. It's not what they say it's who they are. It's not what they do, it's who they are.

Who are we? As a culture where is everything even heading?
And why do I feel so alone? You can talk to anyone, anywhere, anytime. But we don't. We're so connected. But only to ourselves.

1 comment:

Miss Stuart said...

It feels weird commenting on a post that's so old, but I was just talking about this with someone the other day and felt I had to. Everyone's growing incresingly isolated as more and more interactions take place online. You read things the way you think they should be read, so in essence, when talking to someone online, you're really holding a conversation with yourself. So what's the point, really? It's exactly as you said. Wrote. Whichever.