Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Watching Doug Work

Well I'm back at the loft where Dark Rising was filmed. And it's nice. A part of me really enjoys coming here. It's a feeling very similar to coming home, or going back to a place with fond memories with a few of people who made those memories so fond. Sometimes, when life is getting a little bit stressful, returning to the good moments is one of the best things you can do.
Anyway, I'm writing my essay for British Literature, Andrew is slowing putting the pieces of Dark Rising together, and Doug is building a digital car.
I don't know how he does it, but this man is like superman. I'm serious, he does everything.
It's kind of awesome being able just to sit as the sounds of Brigitte and Katherine fill the background. And lots of clicking.
The three of us aren't talking much, but it's a comfortable silence. And in their case, a far more stressful one then in mine.
In two hours, I leave to go teach yoga and hip hop at the studio tonight.
I don't know how Doug does it. He's literally rotating a view around close to 200 times, all for one microsecond of cgi work that, if it's done well, no one will notice. Kind of mind blowing in it's own way.
Anyway, this is a random post about nothing. But I found the moment worth cherishing.

No comments: