Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Attack of the Han-ra-head shark

Man is this class boring. 
I took film because I thought it would be interesting. And it would be... but why is a class with so much promise wasted? It's almost joke like. Our teacher is a great man. He's nice and he's invested in his students (as much as can be of course) but when the man drones on for over an hour before even starting to talk to the movie, it makes things more then a little ridiculous. 
I want to like this class. As all of you who have followed this blog know, I work at Blockbuster. More then anything I want to be an actor. Movies are one of the most important things to me, right up there with pizza and Jesus, but if I fall asleep before he even puts the movie on, how can I be expected to care about the movie I'm watching after? 
Given some of the movies we've watched have been enjoyable. Citizen Kane to this day remains one of my favorite movies  of all time. 
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
2. Labyrinth
3. Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Josie and the Pussycats
5. Citizen Kane
See. It's right there under the Pussy's. 
The only thing that prevents this course from being a must take, is the  fact that our teacher can't keep his mouth closed for ten minutes without telling us what he had for breakfast that morning and the after effects of the soup on your perception of a movie. 
It's crazy. He's crazy. 
Thank god for Cheryl, and Kylie, for making it possible to get through. 

No comments: