Monday, September 29, 2008

The Magic of Reality

As most know, I have a love/hate relationship with reality TV. 
I LOVE top model. It's a sick sad addiction that I'm not proud of, but hey. I love it. I like to think of it as my retarded puppy. Not everyone understands it, but you still love it despite the fact that it drools in your lap. 
My problem with reality tv is this: I'm not on it. 
I'm a good singer. I'm a good dancer. I could be on Canadian Idol, and I could be on So You Think You Can Dance. I could be on Triple Sensation or America's Next Top Model (provided I went ISIS-style). I can do all this stuff. SO... Why am I so entranced by others doing what I could be doing? 
NOW: Here is my problem with Reality Shows.
Reality shows are a cash cow. For every reality show, there's a new and exciting TV show that could've been made, but wasn't. For every reality show that involves auditions: There are generally several hundred people who audition, and several hundred thousand dreams shattered. The problem is usually: I'm almost always one of them. 
THIS is why I hate reality tv.
Because I'm not on it. 
I'll get back to this later

No comments: