Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Things change so fast

One hour ago: Me and Cheryl were watching a movie in Tom Hanrahan's film class. MY GOD are these movies borring. 
One month ago: I was contemplating going to school again. I threw the documents together that i needed, and bam, here I am.
Three months ago: I was in Toronto, trying to make it as an actor.
One Year Ago: I was working at Magic Kettle as a waiter. I was getting ready to premiere the first show I ever directed, and was hoping for good things. My book was just being published, and I couldn't wait to get it out in the public. 
Two years ago: I was entering my last year of college. Excited at my future prospects and blissfully unaware of what was to come.
Five years ago: I entered my first year of grade twelve at Widdifield. Full of hopes and dreams and everything else that's warm and fuzzy. 

So that's where I've been. You never realize how fast life moves until you look back and realize how just one year can change so much. My book bombed, my play, while it was a huge critical success failed miserably to earn money, and as of right now, I'm still blissfully un-famous. 
The bright side is I really don't care about fame anymore. I'm at the point where as long as I'm happy, I'll get by. Don't get me wrong, I'd love big movie role, the big best seller and the beautiful spouse... but I don't see any reason to rush into it right now.
I got time. I got school to focus on. My friends are here, my family is here, and I'm enjoying my time at Nipissing. I guess what I have to do now is just keep at things. Live one day at a time and all that junk. 
Peace out.

No comments: